18 June 2010

le début: the beginning

So, I will begin with a mission statement or what exactly this blog is all about.
After several people telling me about how I should start a blog for my travels, I finally decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I suppose I've never been one to turn down peer pressure. Therefore, I want to use this blog primarily as an account of my travels through written updates, photos, and maybe some illustrations. Perhaps, I will post other updates here and there about topics that I think might interest someone.

I originally had the (overly) ambitious idea that I would type up all of my journal entries from my month long adventure traveling through Spain and France (and a day in London). But then I thought twice about doing that because, honestly, I would not have the patience for it and, be honest, you would not really sit there and read a 30+ journal entry dump. So, instead, I think I am going to begin by posting some of my postcards that I sent to friends and family members over the next few days. It will provide a mosaic of my journey across Europe last summer but, as is the nature of postcards, lend itself to being read within minutes. I think that will satisfy everyone(/anyone) involved.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this blog thing goes. Hopefully I don't just forget about it within a few months... (there's a good chance I will forget about it within a few months.)

No comments:

Post a Comment